HB 1041: Women's Health & Safety Act
GENERAL BILL by Bean ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Altman ; Ambler ; Baxley ; Bilirakis ; Bowen ; Brummer ; Cannon ; Cretul ; Davis ; Flores ; Galvano ; Gibson ; Grant ; Grimsley ; Hays ; Holloway ; Homan ; Kreegel ; Legg ; Murzin ; Needelman ; Planas ; Poppell ; Proctor ; Quinones ; Robaina ; Sansom ; Simmons ; Stargel ; Traviesa ; Williams, T.
Women's Health & Safety Act; revises requirements for rules of AHCA re abortion clinics performing abortions after first trimester of pregnancy; requires rules that prescribe standards for physical facilities, supplies & equipment, personnel, screening & evaluation, abortion procedure, recovery, follow-up care, & incident reporting; provides that rules regulating abortion clinics may not impose unconstitutional burden, etc. Amends 390.012.
Last Action: 5/31/2005 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-95
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced -HJ 00091
• Referred to Health Care Regulation (HFC); Health & Families Council -HJ 00195
• On Committee agenda-- Health Care Regulation (HFC), 03/23/05, 9:00 am, 212-K
• Favorable by Health Care Regulation (HFC); YEAS 9 NAYS 2 -HJ 00268; Now in Health & Families Council -HJ 00268
• On Council agenda-- Health & Families Council, 03/30/05, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Health & Families Council; YEAS 8 NAYS 3 -HJ 00302; Placed on Calendar -HJ 00302
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -HJ 00349; Amendment pending --Temporarily postponed -HJ 00350
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Pending amendment adopted -HJ 00474; Amendment(s) failed -HJ 00474; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 00474; Ordered engrossed -HJ 00477
• Read third time -HJ 00496; Passed as amended; YEAS 89 NAYS 27 -HJ 00496
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Health Care; Judiciary; Health and Human Services Appropriations -SJ 00591
• Withdrawn from Health Care; Judiciary; Health and Human Services Appropriations -SJ 00842; Substituted for CS/SB 1862 -SJ 00842; Read second time -SJ 00842
• Read third time -SJ 01062; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 01062; Passed as amended; YEAS 30 NAYS 9 -SJ 01062
• In returning messages
• Concurred -HJ 01380; Passed as amended; YEAS 97 NAYS 19 -HJ 01380; Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 01380
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-95
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.