CS/HB 411: Pub. Rec./Photos and Recordings/Killing of Person
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; Burgin ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Snyder ; Steube ; Williams, T. ; Young
Pub. Rec./Photos and Recordings/Killing of Person; Provides exemption from public records requirements for photographs & video & audio recordings that depict or record killing of person; authorizes access to such photographs or video or audio recordings by specified members of immediate family of deceased subject of photographs or video or audio recordings; provides for access to such records by local governmental entities or state or federal agencies in furtherance of official duties; provides for access pursuant to court order, etc.
• Referred to Government Operations Subcommittee; Criminal Justice Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 40
• Introduced -HJ 40
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 03/29/11, 12:00 pm, 306 HOB
• Favorable by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 367
• Now in Criminal Justice Subcommittee -HJ 367
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 04/06/11, 9:00 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 453
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 453
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 04/12/11, 1:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 619
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by State Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 616
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 641
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 822
• Read 3rd time -HJ 822
• CS passed; YEAS 111 NAYS 6 -HJ 822
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 580
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 580
• Withdrawn from Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 590
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 416 -SJ 590
• Read 2nd time -SJ 590
• Read 3rd time -SJ 590
• CS passed; YEAS 34 NAYS 4 -SJ 590
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1163
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-115
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.