HM 617: Discriminatory Taxes/Reinsurance
MEMORIAL by Brandes ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Nelson
Discriminatory Taxes/Reinsurance; Urges Congress to oppose efforts to impose new discriminatory taxes that would significantly limit use of reinsurance provided by companies located outside U.S.
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Federal Affairs Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 55
• Introduced -HJ 55
• On Committee agenda-- Federal Affairs Subcommittee, 03/28/11, 12:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Federal Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 2 -HJ 341
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 341
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 04/14/11, 9:00 am, Reed Hall --Not considered
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 04/21/11, 11:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 2 -HJ 762
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 762
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/11
• Substituted SM 484
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see SM 484 (Adopted) -HJ 791
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.