CS/CS/HJR 1: Health Care Services
JOINT RESOLUTION by Health and Human Services Committee ; Health and Human Services Quality Subcommittee ; Plakon ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Adkins ; Ahern ; Albritton ; Artiles ; Baxley ; Bileca ; Bovo ; Boyd ; Brandes ; Brodeur ; Broxson ; Burgin ; Caldwell ; Coley ; Corcoran ; Costello ; Crisafulli ; Davis ; Diaz ; Dorworth ; Drake ; Ford ; Frishe ; Gaetz ; Goodson ; Grant ; Hager ; Harrell ; Harrison ; Hooper ; Horner ; Hudson ; Ingram ; Kreegel ; Mayfield ; McBurney ; Metz ; Nehr ; Nelson ; Nunez ; O'Toole ; Patronis ; Perry ; Pilon ; Porter ; Ray ; Renuart ; Roberson ; Schenck ; Smith ; Stargel ; Steube ; Tobia ; Trujillo ; Van Zant ; Weinstein ; Williams, T. ; Wood ; Workman ; Young
Health Care Services; Proposes creation of s. 28, Art. I of State Constitution to prohibit laws or rules from compelling any person or employer to purchase, obtain, or otherwise provide for health care coverage; permits health care provider to accept direct payment from person or employer for lawful health care services; exempts persons, employers, & health care providers from penalties & taxes for paying or accepting direct payment for lawful health care services; permits purchase or sale of health insurance in private health care systems, etc.
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to HHS Quality Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 7
• Introduced -HJ 7
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Quality Subcommittee, 03/29/11, 9:00 am, 306 HOB
• CS by Health and Human Services Quality Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 4 -HJ 390
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 389
• CS by Health and Human Services Quality Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 384
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 04/07/11, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by State Affairs Committee; YEAS 13 NAYS 5 -HJ 589
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 589
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 04/25/11, 11:45 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 9 NAYS 6 -HJ 775
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 775
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/11
• CS/CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 768
• Substituted CS/SJR 2
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SJR 2 (Passed) -HJ 814
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.