CS/HB 1193: Health Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Quality Subcommittee ; Hudson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Adkins ; Ahern ; Albritton ; Artiles ; Bileca ; Boyd ; Brodeur ; Burgin ; Caldwell ; Coley ; Corcoran ; Davis ; Diaz ; Dorworth ; Ford ; Gaetz ; Hager ; Harrell ; Harrison ; Horner ; Ingram ; McBurney ; Metz ; Pilon ; Plakon ; Porter ; Ray ; Renuart ; Roberson ; Smith ; Snyder ; Stargel ; Williams, T. ; Wood
Health Insurance; Prohibits person from being compelled to purchase health insurance except under specified conditions; specifies that act does not prohibit collection of certain debts.
• Introduced -HJ 105
• Referred to Health and Human Services Quality Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 220
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Quality Subcommittee, 03/22/11, 8:30 am, 306 HOB
• CS by Health and Human Services Quality Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 4 -HJ 312
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Health and Human Services Quality Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 305
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 324
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/12/11, 1:00 pm, 404 HOB
• Favorable by Judiciary Committee; YEAS 11 NAYS 6 -HJ 618
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 618
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 04/25/11, 11:45 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 11 NAYS 6 -HJ 804
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 804
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 925
• Read 3rd time -HJ 925
• CS passed; YEAS 81 NAYS 34 -HJ 925
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 715
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Health Regulation; Rules -SJ 715
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Health Regulation; Rules -SJ 626
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/SB 1754 -SJ 626
• Read 2nd time -SJ 626
• Read 3rd time -SJ 626
• CS passed; YEAS 30 NAYS 7 -SJ 626
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1004
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-126
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.