CS/CS/HB 1243: Citizens Property Insurance Corporation
GENERAL BILL by Economic Affairs Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Boyd ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Albritton ; Van Zant
Citizens Property Insurance Corporation; Revises legislative intent; provides certain residential structures are not eligible for coverage by corporation after certain date; prohibits corporation from levying assessments until surcharge is levied; requires corporation to commission consultant to prepare report on outsourcing; revises wind coverage provisions; specifies that corporation's insurance policies must provide that surplus lines insurer's offer to cover risks makes policy ineligible for renewal, etc.
Last Action: 5/7/2011 House - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/SB 408 (Ch. 2011-39)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced -HJ 112
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 220
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/16/11, 8:00 am, 404 HOB --Workshopped
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/30/11, 10:00 am, 404 HOB
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 3 -HJ 409
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 407
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 414
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 04/07/11, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 10 NAYS 6 -HJ 611
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Economic Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 604
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 614
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/SB 408 (Ch. 2011-39)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.