CS/HB 1331: School Choice
GENERAL BILL by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee ; Bileca ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Adkins ; Artiles ; Corcoran ; Ford ; McKeel ; Nunez ; Plakon ; Stargel ; Young
School Choice; Revises requirements for eligibility to participate in Opportunity Scholarship Program; deletes provisions that authorize opportunity scholarship for attendance at private school; revises school district obligations & deletes provisions to conform; deletes obsolete provision relating to John M. McKay Scholarships for Students with Disabilities Program.
• Introduced -HJ 120
• Referred to K-20 Innovation Subcommittee; PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 221
• On Committee agenda-- K-20 Innovation Subcommittee, 03/22/11, 12:00 pm, 404 HOB
• Favorable by K-20 Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 281
• Now in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 281
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/29/11, 9:30 am, Morris Hall
• CS by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 368
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 389
• CS by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 387
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 04/13/11, 1:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 10 NAYS 5 -HJ 644
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 644
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 865
• Amendment(s) failed (128169, 441305) -HJ 865
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 978
• CS passed; YEAS 84 NAYS 30 -HJ 978
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 849
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Budget -SJ 849
• Withdrawn from Education Pre-K - 12; Budget -SJ 919
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for SB 1822 -SJ 919
• Read 2nd time -SJ 919
• Read 3rd time -SJ 919
• CS passed; YEAS 32 NAYS 4 -SJ 919
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1218
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-128
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.