CS/CS/SB 1414: Health Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Budget ; Banking and Insurance ; Wise ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Oelrich
Health Insurance; Prohibits certain health insurance policies and health maintenance contracts from providing coverage for abortions. Provides that certain restrictions on coverage for abortions apply to certain group health insurance policies issued or delivered outside the state which provide coverage to residents of the state. Provides that certain restrictions on coverage for abortions apply to plans under the Employee Health Care Access Act, etc.
Last Action: 4/27/2011 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 97 (Ch. 2011-111) -SJ 522
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Health Regulation (HR)
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Health Regulation; Banking and Insurance; Budget -SJ 107
• Introduced -SJ 107
• On Committee agenda-- Health Regulation, 03/14/11, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Health Regulation; YEAS 8 NAYS 4 -SJ 226
• Now in Banking and Insurance -SJ 226
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/22/11, 1:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 6 NAYS 4 -SJ 270
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 277
• Now in Budget -SJ 270
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/13/11, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/14/11, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Budget; YEAS 14 NAYS 4 -SJ 471
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 471
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/11
• CS/CS by Budget read 1st time -SJ 486
• Read 2nd time -SJ 516, 522
• Substituted CS/HB 97 -SJ 522
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 97 (Ch. 2011-111) -SJ 522
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.