CS/SB 1434: Office of Motor Carrier Compliance
GENERAL BILL by Transportation ; Latvala
Office of Motor Carrier Compliance; Creates a motor carrier weight inspection area of program responsibility within the Department of Transportation, which replaces motor carrier compliance. Creates the Office of Motor Carrier Compliance within the Division of the Florida Highway Patrol within the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. Creates the Law Enforcement Consolidation Task Force. Provides for membership. Requires the task force to make recommendations and submit a report to the Legislature by a certain date. Provides for future expiration, etc.
Last Action: 5/7/2011 Senate - Died in Governmental Oversight and Accountability, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 2160 (Ch. 2011-66)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Transportation (TR)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Transportation; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Budget -SJ 108
• Introduced -SJ 107
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 03/16/11, 1:30 pm, 37 Senate Office Building --Amendment adopted - Temporarily postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 03/22/11, 1:15 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Transportation; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 286
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Transportation read 1st time -SJ 290
• Remaining references corrected to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Criminal Justice; Budget -SJ 303
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 04/14/11, 11:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Governmental Oversight and Accountability, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 2160 (Ch. 2011-66)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.