SB 1770: Parental Notice of Abortion
GENERAL BILL by Hays ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Oelrich
Parental Notice of Abortion; Revises notice requirements relating to the termination of pregnancy of a minor. Provides exceptions to the notice requirements. Revises procedure for judicial waiver of notice. Provides for the minor to petition for a hearing within a specified time. Provides that in a hearing relating to waiving the requirement for parental notice, the court consider certain additional factors, including whether the minor's decision to terminate her pregnancy was due to undue influence. Provides a procedure for appeal if judicial waiver of notice is not granted, etc.
Last Action: 5/4/2011 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 1247 (Ch. 2011-227) -SJ 791
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Health Regulation (HR)
- Judiciary (JU)
• Referred to Health Regulation; Judiciary; Budget -SJ 205
• Introduced -SJ 205
• On Committee agenda-- Health Regulation, 04/04/11, 3:15 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Health Regulation, 04/12/11, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Health Regulation; YEAS 9 NAYS 3
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 469
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/25/11, 9:45 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Judiciary (734128); YEAS 5 NAYS 2 -SJ 468
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Amendments)
• Now in Budget -SJ 468
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/26/11, 9:45 am, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 672
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/03/11 -SJ 712
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/04/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 791
• Amendment(s) adopted (734128) -SJ 791
• Amendment(s) failed (670722, 696880) -SJ 791
• Substituted HB 1247 -SJ 791
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 1247 (Ch. 2011-227) -SJ 791
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.