CS/HB 265: Sexual Offenders and Predators
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Harrell ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Caldwell ; Eisnaugle ; Kiar ; Snyder
Sexual Offenders and Predators; Requires court considering whether to release defendant on bail to determine whether defendant is subject to registration as sexual offender or predator &, if so, to hold defendant without bail until first appearance on case; provides exception.
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 28
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 02/22/11, 9:00 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 1 -HJ 151
• Now in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 151
• Introduced -HJ 28
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/16/11, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 313
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 313
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/14/11, 9:00 am, 404 HOB
• CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 659
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 655
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 671
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 905
• Read 3rd time -HJ 905
• CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 905
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.