CS/CS/HB 395: Univ. of Florida J. Hillis Miller Health Center
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; K-20 Competitiveness Subcommittee ; O'Toole ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Burgin ; Chestnut ; Nunez ; Perry ; Williams, T.
Univ. of Florida J. Hillis Miller Health Center; Specifies that University of Florida Board of Trustees shall lease Shands Teaching Hospital & Clinics on Gainesville campus to Shands Teaching Hospital & Clinics, Inc.; provides that Shands Jacksonville Medical Center, Inc., & its parent, Shands Jacksonville HealthCare, Inc., are private not-for-profit corporations organized primarily to support health affairs mission of University of Florida Board of Trustees; provides requirements for lease, contract, or agreement between board of trustees & corporations, etc.
• Referred to K-20 Competitiveness Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; Education Committee -HJ 39
• Introduced -HJ 38
• On Committee agenda-- K-20 Competitiveness Subcommittee, 03/23/11, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by K-20 Competitiveness Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 1 -HJ 313
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by K-20 Competitiveness Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 303
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations Committee
• CS referred to Education Committee
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 324
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 04/05/11, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 4 -HJ 416
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 411
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 450
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/14/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 632
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 652
• Amendment(s) adopted (810865) -HJ 652
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 102 NAYS 7 -HJ 652
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 507
• Referred to Health Regulation; Higher Education; Budget -SJ 507
• Withdrawn from Health Regulation; Higher Education; Budget -SJ 522
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for SB 626 -SJ 522
• Read 2nd time -SJ 522
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 552
• CS passed; YEAS 35 NAYS 3 -SJ 552
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 961
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-114
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.