CS/HB 441: Scrutinized Companies
GENERAL BILL by Government Operations Subcommittee ; Bernard ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Abruzzo ; Berman ; Hager ; Pafford ; Perman ; Porth
Scrutinized Companies; Prohibits state agency or local governmental entity from contracting for goods & services of more than certain amount with company on Scrutinized Companies with Activities in Sudan List or Scrutinized Companies with Activities in Iran Petroleum Energy Sector List; requires contract provision that allows for termination of contract if company is found to have submitted false certification or to have been placed on such list; provides exceptions, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2011 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 444 (Ch. 2011-104) -HJ 1101
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Government Operations Subcommittee; Civil Justice Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 43
• Introduced -HJ 43
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 04/08/11, 2:15 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 614
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Original reference(s) removed: Civil Justice Subcommittee
• CS referred to Judiciary Committee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 614
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 614
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/14/11, 9:00 am, 404 HOB
• CS by Government Operations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 612
• Favorable by Judiciary Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 644
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 644
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 04/21/11, 11:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 762
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 762
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 444 (Ch. 2011-104) -HJ 1101
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.