CS/SB 730: Youth and Student Athletes
GENERAL BILL by Education Pre-K - 12 ; Flores ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Altman ; Sobel ; Rich ; Montford
Youth and Student Athletes; Requires independent sanctioning authorities to adopt policies to inform youth athletes and their parents of the nature and risk of certain head injuries. Requires that a signed consent form be obtained before the youth participates in athletic practices or competitions. Requires that a youth athlete be immediately removed from an athletic activity following a suspected head injury. Requires written clearance from a medical professional before the youth resumes athletic activities, etc.
Last Action: 5/6/2011 Senate - Laid on Table -SJ 1117
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
- Health Regulation (HR)
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Health Regulation; Rules -SJ 59
• Introduced -SJ 59
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 03/17/11, 1:15 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 3 NAYS 0 -SJ 236
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Health Regulation -SJ 236
• CS by Education Pre-K - 12 read 1st time -SJ 255
• On Committee agenda-- Health Regulation, 04/04/11, 3:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Health Regulation; YEAS 10 NAYS 2 -SJ 323
• Now in Rules -SJ 323
• Withdrawn from Rules -SJ 778
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/04/11
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/05/11
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/06/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1117
• Amendment(s) adopted (473428) -SJ 1117
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 301 (Died in House) -SJ 1117
• Laid on Table -SJ 1117
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.