CS/CS/HB 803: Property and Casualty Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Economic Affairs Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Wood ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Van Zant
Property and Casualty Insurance; Provides statute of limitations for breach of property insurance contract; provides that specified losses are excluded from definition of term "losses" as used in provisions relating to Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund; authorizes insurer to renegotiate terms of specified surplus note; revises amount of surplus funds required for domestic insurers applying for certificate of authority; revises minimum surplus that must be maintained by certain insurers; authorizes OIR to reduce specified surplus requirements, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2011 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1007 (Ch. 2011-226), CS/CS/CS/SB 408 (Ch. 2011-39), SB 2156 (Ch. 2011-142) -HJ 1101
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Rulemaking and Regulation Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 69
• Introduced -HJ 68
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/16/11, 8:00 am, 404 HOB --Workshopped
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 04/05/11, 4:00 pm, 404 HOB
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 3 -HJ 601
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 597
• Original reference(s) removed: Rulemaking and Regulation Subcommittee
• CS referred to Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 610
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 610
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 04/14/11, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 11 NAYS 7 -HJ 762
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Economic Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 758
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 766
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1007 (Ch. 2011-226), CS/CS/CS/SB 408 (Ch. 2011-39), SB 2156 (Ch. 2011-142) -HJ 1101
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.