HM 499: Federal Balanced Budget Amendment
MEMORIAL by Ingram ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Brandes ; Burgin ; Caldwell ; Corcoran ; Costello ; Eisnaugle ; Gaetz ; Harrell ; Julien ; Kreegel ; Mayfield ; McBurney ; Metz ; Nunez ; Patronis ; Perry ; Pilon ; Porter ; Smith ; Snyder ; Steube ; Van Zant ; Weinstein ; Williams, T. ; Wood
Federal Balanced Budget Amendment; Urges Congress to propose to states amendment to U.S. Constitution that requires annual federal balanced budget.
- Judiciary (JU)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Federal Affairs Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 51
• On Committee agenda-- Federal Affairs Subcommittee, 11/16/11, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Federal Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 7 NAYS 5 -HJ 174
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 174
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 12/08/11, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 3 -HJ 177
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 177
• Introduced -HJ 51
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/29/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 960
• Adopted; YEAS 96 NAYS 13 -HJ 960
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 869
• Referred to Judiciary; Budget -SJ 869
• Died in Judiciary
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.