CS/HB 1013: Residential Construction Warranties
GENERAL BILL by Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Artiles
Residential Construction Warranties; Provides legislative findings; provides legislative intent to affirm limitations to doctrine or theory of implied warranty of fitness & merchantability or habitability associated with construction & sale of new home; provides definition; prohibits cause of action in law or equity based upon doctrine or theory of implied warranty of fitness & merchantability or habitability for damages to offsite improvements; provides that existing rights of purchasers of homes or homeowners' associations to pursue certain causes of action are not altered or limited; provides for applicability of act; provides for severability.
Last Action: 4/29/2012 - Chapter No. 2012-161
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Business and Consumer Affairs Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 100
• Introduced -HJ 100
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 01/31/12, 8:00 am, 404 HOB
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 2 -HJ 323
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 314
• Original reference(s) removed: Business and Consumer Affairs Subcommittee
• CS referred to Judiciary Committee -HJ 451
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 451
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/16/12, 11:30 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 2 -HJ 683
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 683
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/22/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 734
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 792
• CS passed; YEAS 106 NAYS 10 -HJ 792
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 825
• Referred to Community Affairs; Judiciary; Budget -SJ 825
• Withdrawn from Community Affairs; Judiciary; Budget -SJ 1045
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 1045
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1196 -SJ 1045
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1045
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1045
• CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 4 -SJ 1045
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1245
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-161
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.