CS/HB 1323: Metal Theft
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Drake ; Ford ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Brandes ; Broxson ; Fullwood ; Grant ; Julien ; Nunez ; Perry ; Smith
Metal Theft; Increases criminal penalties for specified violations relating to secondary metals recycling; provides increased criminal penalties for third & subsequent criminal violations; prohibits removing copper or other nonferrous metals from electrical substation site without authorization of utility.
Last Action: 4/30/2012 - Chapter No. 2012-185, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 885 (Ch. 2012-179)
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 130
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 214
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 01/25/12, 11:00 am, 404 HOB
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 299
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 297
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 294
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/14/12, 8:30 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 602
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 602
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/22/12, 8:00 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 814
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 814
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 878
• Amendment(s) adopted (281145) -HJ 878
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 926
• Amendment(s) adopted (234127) -HJ 927
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 107 NAYS 6 -HJ 927
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 857
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Criminal Justice; Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations; Budget -SJ 857
• Withdrawn from Commerce and Tourism; Criminal Justice; Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations; Budget -SJ 1237
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 1237
• Substituted for CS/SB 1324 -SJ 1237
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1237
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1237
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 1237
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1716
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-185, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 885 (Ch. 2012-179)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.