CS/HB 277: Abortions
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Burgin ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ahern ; Corcoran ; Davis ; Gaetz ; Horner ; Kreegel ; Mayfield ; Perry ; Plakon ; Porter ; Snyder ; Van Zant ; Weinstein
Abortions; Restricts when abortion may be performed in 3rd trimester or after viability; provides certain physician & location requirements; prohibits instillation abortions; requires physician to have specified training; prohibits abortion in 3rd trimester in location other than hospital; prohibits abortion in location other than specified locations; provides defense to disciplinary action; prohibits physician from knowingly performing partial-birth abortion; provides exceptions; requires DOH to permanently revoke license of practitioner convicted of certain felonies; provides that infant born alive after attempted abortion is entitled to same rights as other infants; requires another physician be present to take control of any infant born alive; requires physician to take reasonable steps to preserve life & health of unborn child; prohibits unlawful advertisement on how to obtain abortion; requires clinic to place specified notices; provides reporting requirements; requires clinic to be owned & operated by physician with specified training.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Died in Health Regulation
Bill Text: PDF
- Health Regulation (HR)
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Health and Human Services Access Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 29
• Introduced -HJ 28
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Access Subcommittee, 01/24/12, 2:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Health and Human Services Access Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 5 -HJ 283
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 283
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 02/23/12, 8:00 am, 404 HOB
• CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 6 -HJ 834
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 832
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 854
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/29/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 964
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 979
• Amendment(s) failed (158743, 567239, 650669, 966657) -HJ 980
• CS passed; YEAS 78 NAYS 33 -HJ 981
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 813
• Referred to Health Regulation; Criminal Justice; Budget -SJ 813
• Died in Health Regulation
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.