CS/CS/SB 432: Criminal Restitution
GENERAL BILL by Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations ; Criminal Justice ; Flores ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Diaz de la Portilla ; Garcia ; Lynn
Criminal Restitution; Providing that a crime victim entitled to restitution may include a trade association representing the owner or lawful producer of a recording who sustains a loss as a result of physical piracy; providing a limitation of the restitution obligation to specifically exclude acts of online piracy; defining the term “trade association”, etc.
Last Action: 3/7/2012 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 189 (Ch. 2012-17) -SJ 912
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations (BJA)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Criminal Justice; Budget -SJ 39
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 01/09/12, 3:15 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 5 NAYS 1 -SJ 111
• Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 111
• Introduced -SJ 39
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/19/12, 10:15 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 252
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 256
• Now in Budget -SJ 252
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations -SJ 268
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations, 02/01/12, 10:15 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 325
• Now in Budget -SJ 325
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 329
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 02/21/12, 3:45 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -SJ 671
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 671
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 912
• Amendment(s) adopted (342600) -SJ 912
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 189 -SJ 912
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 189 (Ch. 2012-17) -SJ 912
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.