HB 5009: Health Insurance Benefits for State Employees
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations Committee ; Grimsley
Health Insurance Benefits for State Employees; Authorizes UF Board of Trustees to provide or arrange for provision of health & other self-insurance or insurance programs under certain conditions; requires board to offer programs to certain persons; prohibits programs from commencing before specified date; provides requirements for state funding for such programs; provides procedural requirements relating to program for DMS, EOG, & Legislature; provides for state's monthly contribution for employees under state group insurance program; revises conditions under which pharmacies are provided reimbursement for prescription medicines that are dispensed to members of state group health insurance plan under state employees' prescription drug program; authorizes DMS to implement supply limit program for certain maintenance drugs.
Last Action: 5/9/2013 House - Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 444
• Introduced -HJ 444
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/08/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 535
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 564
• Passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 1 -HJ 564
• Requests that the Senate pass the bill as passed by the House or agree to conference -HJ 566
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 546
• Referred to Budget -SJ 546
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 666
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/12 -SJ 666
• Read 2nd time -SJ 667
• Amendment(s) adopted (367126) -SJ 667
• Read 3rd time -SJ 667
• Passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 667
• The Senate having refused to pass the bill as passed by the House, acceded to the request for a conference -SJ 670
• Immediately certified -SJ 667
• In returning messages
• Conference Committee appointed: Representatives Grimsley (Chair), Aubuchon, Chestnut, Dorworth, Frishe, Holder, Hukill, Jones, Legg, Lopez-Cantera, McKeel, Sands, Saunders, Schenck, Snyder, Weatherford -HJ 899
• Conference Committee appointed: Budget Conference Committee on Budget/Appropriations: Alexander (Chair), Negron (Vice Chair), Bennett (At Large), Gaetz (At Large), Gardiner (At Large), Joyner (At Large), Rich (At Large), Thrasher (At Large); Budget Conference Committee on Criminal and Civil Justice/Justice: Bogdanoff (Chair), Evers, Smith, Storms; Budget Conference Committee on Education Pre-K - 12/PreK-12: Simmons (Chair), Detert, Gardiner, Montford, Ring; Budget Conference Committee on Finance and Tax: Norman (Chair), Alexander, Gaetz, Siplin; Budget Conference Committee on General Government/Government Operations: Hays (Chair), Braynon, Bullard, Diaz de la Portilla, Dockery, Jones, Thrasher; Budget Conference Committee on Health and Human Services/Health Care: Negron (Chair), Fasano, Flores, Garcia, Oelrich, Rich, Richter, Sobel; Budget Conference Committee on Higher Education/Higher Education: Lynn (Chair), Altman, Sachs, Siplin, Wise; Budget Conference Committee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development/Transportation and Economic Development: Benacquisto (Chair), Bennett, Dean, Gibson, Latvala, Margolis -SJ 704
• Conference Committee Report considered -HJ 1417
• Conference Committee Report adopted (093231) -HJ 1419
• Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report; YEAS 115 NAYS 1 -HJ 1419
• In returning messages
• Conference Committee Report received -SJ 1400
• Conference Committee Report adopted (093231) -SJ 1401
• Failed to pass as amended by Conference Committee Report; YEAS 20 NAYS 20 -SJ 1402
• Reconsidered -SJ 1404
• Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report; YEAS 21 NAYS 18 -SJ 1404
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1716
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Vetoed by Governor, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5001 (Ch. 2012-118), HB 5003 (Ch. 2012-119)
• Veto Message received -HJ 7
• Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.