CS/HJR 55: Homestead Assessment Limitation/Senior Citizens
JOINT RESOLUTION by Finance and Tax Committee ; Nunez ; Fresen ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Abruzzo ; Artiles ; Campbell ; Costello ; Davis ; Diaz ; Fullwood ; Gonzalez ; Julien ; Kiar ; Lopez-Cantera ; Oliva ; Snyder ; Steube ; Trujillo
Homestead Assessment Limitation/Senior Citizens; Proposes amendment to s. 4, Art. VII of State Constitution to authorize counties & municipalities to limit assessed value of homesteads of low-income senior citizens.
Bill Text: PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax (BFT)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Finance and Tax Committee; Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 11
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax Committee, 12/06/11, 11:00 am, Morris Hall --Workshopped
• Introduced -HJ 11
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax Committee, 01/17/12, 10:45 am, Morris Hall
• CS by Finance and Tax Committee; YEAS 22 NAYS 0 -HJ 237
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee -HJ 235
• CS by Finance and Tax Committee read 1st time -HJ 231
• On Committee agenda-- Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee, 01/31/12, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 319
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 319
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 02/08/12, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 572
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 572
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/22/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 726
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 774
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 776
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 867
• Referred to Community Affairs; Judiciary; Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Budget -SJ 867
• Died in Community Affairs
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.