CS/CS/HB 565: Family Law
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Porter
Family Law; Includes value of marital portion of passive appreciation of nonmarital real property in marital assets; revises requirements relating to awarding of durational alimony; revises provisions relating to effect of supportive relationship on alimony; authorizes court to award attorney fees & costs to obligor; provides that fact that obligor has reached reasonable retirement age for his or her profession, has retired, & has no intent to return to work is substantial change in circumstances as matter of law; prohibits separate adjudication of issues in dissolution of marriage case within 180 days after filing without exceptional circumstances; authorizes separate adjudication of issues if case is more than 180 days past; requires separate adjudication of issues, absent showing of irreparable harm, if case is more than 365 days past.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Died on Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 57
• Introduced -HJ 57
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 01/18/12, 8:30 am, 404 HOB
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 262
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 259
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 281
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/08/12, 8:30 am, 404 HOB --Temporarily deferred
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/16/12, 11:30 am, 404 HOB
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 685
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 682
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 675
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/22/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 712
• Amendment(s) adopted (607357) -HJ 712
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 760
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 822
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 846
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 860
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 913
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 973
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 999
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 1065
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1112
• Amendment(s) adopted (471359) -HJ 1112
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 82 NAYS 35 -HJ 1114
• In Messages
• Referred to Judiciary; Banking and Insurance; Budget -SJ 903
• Received -SJ 903
• Withdrawn from Judiciary; Banking and Insurance; Budget -SJ 1192
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 1192
• Substituted for CS/SB 752 -SJ 1193
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1192
• Amendment(s) pending
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.