CS/SB 578: Depopulation Programs of Citizens Property Insurance Corporation
GENERAL BILL by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations ; Richter ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Oelrich
Depopulation Programs of Citizens Property Insurance Corporation; Providing that eligible surplus lines insurers may participate, in the same manner and on the same terms as an authorized insurer, in depopulation, take-out, or keep-out programs relating to policies removed from Citizens Property Insurance Corporation; authorizing information from underwriting files and confidential files to be released by the corporation to specified entities that are considering writing or underwriting risks insured by the corporation under certain circumstances; specifying that only the corporation’s transfer of a policy file to an insurer, as opposed to the transfer of any file, changes the file’s public record status, etc.
Last Action: 2/29/2012 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1101 (Ch. 2012-151)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations (BGA)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Budget -SJ 50
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 12/07/11, 9:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable with 7 amendment(s) by Banking and Insurance (252080, 589860, 721946, 621564, 163542, 769920, 914512); YEAS 7 NAYS 3 -SJ 110
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Amendments)
• Now in Budget -SJ 110
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations -SJ 109
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations, 01/12/12, 1:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 50
• CS by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 2 -SJ 214
• Now in Budget -SJ 214
• CS by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 249
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 511
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/27/12
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/12
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/29/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 719
• Amendment(s) adopted (153766) -SJ 719
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 245 (Died on Calendar in House) -SJ 719
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1101 (Ch. 2012-151)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.