CS/CS/SB 610: Captive Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations ; Banking and Insurance ; Diaz de la Portilla
Captive Insurance; Expanding the kinds of insurance for which a captive insurer may seek licensure; limiting the risks that certain captive insurers may insure; specifying requirements and conditions relating to a captive insurer’s authority to conduct business; specifying certain fees to be paid by captive insurance companies; requiring biographical affidavits, background investigations, and fingerprint cards for all officers and directors; providing restrictions on officers and directors involved with insolvent insurers under certain conditions; providing restrictions on officers and directors that are found guilty of, or have pleaded guilty or nolo contendere to, any felony or crime involving moral turpitude, including a crime of dishonesty or breach of trust, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1101 (Ch. 2012-151)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations (BGA)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Budget -SJ 52
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 12/07/11, 9:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 112
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Budget -SJ 112
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations -SJ 109
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations, 01/12/12, 1:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 52
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 105
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 214
• Now in Budget -SJ 214
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 249
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 874
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute) -SJ 874
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1101 (Ch. 2012-151)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.