CS/CS/HB 7059: Acceleration Options in Public Education
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee ; K-20 Innovation Subcommittee ; Stargel
Acceleration Options in Public Education; Provides for Academically Challenging Curriculum to Enhance Learning (ACCEL) options to provide eligible public school students educational options that provide academically challenging curriculum or accelerated instruction; requires school district to adopt policy for early graduation; provides for career-themed courses; revises provisions relating to articulated acceleration mechanisms & dual enrollment programs; provides requirements for development & contents of school district & Florida College System institution articulation agreement; requires comprehensive student progression plan to include information on accelerated educational options; provides reporting requirements for student funding; provides for calculation of additional FTE membership based on completion of career-themed courses & early graduation.
Last Action: 4/30/2012 - Chapter No. 2012-191, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5201 (Ch. 2012-134), CS/CS/HB 7063 (Ch. 2012-192)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 276
• Introduced -HJ 276
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee, 01/31/12, 12:30 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 4 -HJ 324
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 317
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 525
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 02/27/12, 2:00 pm, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 6 -HJ 909
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 967
• CS/CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 905
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1041
• Amendment(s) adopted (021877, 217157, 688615, 931005, 986607) -HJ 1041
• Amendment(s) failed (242755) -HJ 1042
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1085
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 82 NAYS 33 -HJ 1086
• In Messages
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations; Budget -SJ 904
• Received -SJ 903
• Withdrawn from Education Pre-K - 12; Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations; Budget -SJ 929
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 929
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1368 -SJ 929
• Read 2nd time -SJ 929
• Read 3rd time -SJ 929
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 929
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1179
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-191, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5201 (Ch. 2012-134), CS/CS/HB 7063 (Ch. 2012-192)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.