CS/HB 7079: State Retirement
GENERAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; Government Operations Subcommittee ; Patronis
State Retirement; Clarifies definitions of terms "normal retirement date" & "vesting"; authorizes distributions to certain members who are terminated from employment for 1 calendar month if member has reached normal retirement date; provides rulemaking authority to DMS & college board of trustees; clarifies provisions related to prohibition of hardship loans or payments; clarifies that retiree who is reemployed in regularly established position after certain date may not be enrolled as renewed member; makes conforming changes to DROP regarding deferral age; provides that benefit for purposes of optional retirement program for State University System includes certain distribution; clarifies when voluntary contributions may be paid out; specifies that definition of term "eligible employee" does not include certain members reemployed in regularly established position; clarifies when benefits may be paid out.
• Introduced -HJ 287
• Referred to State Affairs Committee -HJ 309
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 02/16/12, 11:30 am, Webster Hall
• CS by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 1 -HJ 684
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 682
• CS by State Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 681
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/22/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 700
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 749
• CS passed; YEAS 108 NAYS 8 -HJ 750
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 836
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Budget -SJ 836
• Withdrawn from Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Budget -SJ 1041
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 1041
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 2024 -SJ 1041
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1041
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1041
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 1041
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1245
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-222
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.