CS/CS/HB 87: Tax on Severance and Production of Oil
GENERAL BILL by Finance and Tax Committee ; Energy and Utilities Subcommittee ; Hudson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Broxson ; Caldwell ; Steube
Tax on Severance and Production of Oil; Defines term "mature field recovery oil" & applies tiered severance tax rates applicable to tertiary oil to such oil; revises distribution of certain proceeds from Oil & Gas Tax Trust Fund.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 House - Died in Conference Committee, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7087 (Ch. 2012-32)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Energy and Utilities Subcommittee; Finance and Tax Committee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 13
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Energy and Utilities Subcommittee, 12/06/11, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Energy and Utilities Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 4 -HJ 175
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Finance and Tax Committee -HJ 169
• Introduced -HJ 13
• CS by Energy and Utilities Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 161
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax Committee, 02/01/12, 1:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by Finance and Tax Committee; YEAS 19 NAYS 3 -HJ 454
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Original reference(s) removed: State Affairs Committee
• Referred to- Calendar -HJ 451
• CS/CS by Finance and Tax Committee read 1st time -HJ 445
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/08/12
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 531
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/14/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 584
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 607
• CS passed; YEAS 80 NAYS 36 -HJ 607
• Requests that the Senate pass the bill as passed by the House or agree to conference -HJ 626
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 545
• Referred to Budget -SJ 545
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 666
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/12 -SJ 666
• Read 2nd time -SJ 666
• Amendment(s) adopted (803338) -SJ 666
• Read 3rd time -SJ 666
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 29 NAYS 6 -SJ 666
• The Senate having refused to pass the bill as passed by the House, acceded to the request for a conference -SJ 670
• Immediately certified -SJ 666
• In returning messages
• Conference Committee appointed: Representatives Precourt (Chair), Albritton, Caldwell, Costello, Julien, Ray, Randolph, Rooney, Steube, Thurston -HJ 899
• Conference Committee appointed: Budget Conference Committee on Budget/Appropriations: Alexander (Chair), Negron (Vice Chair), Bennett (At Large), Gaetz (At Large), Gardiner (At Large), Joyner (At Large), Rich (At Large), Thrasher (At Large); Budget Conference Committee on Criminal and Civil Justice/Justice: Bogdanoff (Chair), Evers, Smith, Storms; Budget Conference Committee on Education Pre-K - 12/PreK-12: Simmons (Chair), Detert, Gardiner, Montford, Ring; Budget Conference Committee on Finance and Tax: Norman (Chair), Alexander, Gaetz, Siplin; Budget Conference Committee on General Government/Government Operations: Hays (Chair), Braynon, Bullard, Diaz de la Portilla, Dockery, Jones, Thrasher; Budget Conference Committee on Health and Human Services/Health Care: Negron (Chair), Fasano, Flores, Garcia, Oelrich, Rich, Richter, Sobel; Budget Conference Committee on Higher Education/Higher Education: Lynn (Chair), Altman, Sachs, Siplin, Wise; Budget Conference Committee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development/Transportation and Economic Development: Benacquisto (Chair), Bennett, Dean, Gibson, Latvala, Margolis -SJ 704
• Died in Conference Committee, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7087 (Ch. 2012-32)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.