CS/HB 171: Disposition of Human Remains
GENERAL BILL by Health Quality Subcommittee ; Rooney ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Baxley ; McBurney ; Renuart ; Roberson
Disposition of Human Remains; Revises various provisions relating to procedures for registration of certificates of death or fetal death & medical certification of causes of death; procedures for reporting & disposition of unclaimed remains; disposition of remains of deceased persons whose identities are not known; procedures for anatomical board's retention & use of human remains; final disposition of unclaimed remains of indigent persons; selling or buying of human remains or transmitting or conveying such remains outside state; limitations on liability of funeral directors, funeral or direct disposal establishments, & veterans' service organizations; & repeal of provisions relating to claims of bodies after delivery to anatomical board.
• Referred to Health Quality Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 32
• On Committee agenda-- Health Quality Subcommittee, 02/07/13, 2:00 pm, 306 HOB
• CS by Health Quality Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 153
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations Committee
• CS referred to Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 151
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 151
• Introduced -HJ 31
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 03/07/13, 4:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by Health Quality Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 145
• Favorable by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 203
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 203
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/12/13
• Read 2nd time -HJ 221
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 235
• CS passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 235
• In Messages
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Health Policy; Judiciary; Appropriations -SJ 256
• Received -SJ 256
• Withdrawn from Regulated Industries; Health Policy; Judiciary; Appropriations -SJ 731
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 731
• Substituted for CS/SB 370 -SJ 731
• Read 2nd time -SJ 731
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 799
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 800
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1027
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-138
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.