CS/CS/HB 1025: Real Estate Appraisers
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Business and Professional Regulation Subcommittee ; Combee
Real Estate Appraisers; Revises terminology applicable to education requirements for registered trainee appraisers, certified residential appraisers, & certified general appraisers; authorizes qualifying education courses completed by applicants for registration as trainee or certification as residential appraiser or general appraiser to be completed through Internet-based instruction; revises education & experience requirements for certified residential appraisers & certified general appraisers according to certain real property appraiser qualification criteria adopted by Appraiser Qualifications Board of Appraisal Foundation on specified date; authorizes certain schools to provide in-person classroom instruction, Internet-based instruction, or both; provides requirements for Internet-based instruction & course examinations.
Last Action: 4/29/2013 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 1398 (Ch. 2013-182) -HJ 965
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Business and Professional Regulation Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 102
• Introduced -HJ 102
• On Committee agenda-- Business and Professional Regulation Subcommittee, 03/20/13, 1:00 pm, 12 HOB
• CS by Business and Professional Regulation Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 333
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Original reference(s) removed: Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 346
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 346
• CS by Business and Professional Regulation Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 343
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 04/04/13, 10:30 am, 404 HOB
• CS/CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 473
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 470
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 578
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/13
• Substituted CS/SB 1398 -HJ 965
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 1398 (Ch. 2013-182) -HJ 965
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.