CS/SB 1372: Pretrial Detention
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Bradley
Pretrial Detention; Providing additional factors a court may consider when ordering pretrial detention; requiring a court considering whether to release a defendant on bail to determine whether the defendant is subject to registration as a sexual offender or sexual predator and, if so, to hold the defendant without bail until the first appearance on the case; providing an exception, etc.
Last Action: 4/26/2013 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7035 (Ch. 2013-214) -SJ 684
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Judiciary; Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 102
• Introduced -SJ 102
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/12/13, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 209
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 209
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 217
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 04/01/13, 12:15 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 277
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 277
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 04/04/13, 8:30 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 347
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 347
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/18/13, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 480
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 480
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 598
• Amendment(s) adopted (367648) -SJ 599
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 599
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 684
• Substituted HB 7035 -SJ 684
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7035 (Ch. 2013-214) -SJ 684
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.