CS/CS/SB 156: Building Construction
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Community Affairs ; Detert
Building Construction; Requiring governmental entities to specify certain products associated with public works projects; requiring state agencies to use certain building rating systems and building codes for each new construction and renovation project; specifying that certain actions relating to onsite sewage treatment and removal are not required if a bedroom is not added during a remodeling addition or modification to a single-family home; prohibiting any provision of the International Residential Code relating to mandated fire sprinklers from incorporation into the Florida Building Code, etc.
Last Action: 4/29/2013 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 269 (Ch. 2013-193) -SJ 753
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Regulated Industries (RI)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government (AGG)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Regulated Industries; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 17
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/07/13, 8:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 17
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 196
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Regulated Industries -SJ 196
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 198
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 04/09/13, 4:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Regulated Industries (269142); YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 397
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Amendments)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government -SJ 397
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government, 04/17/13, 11:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 481
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 481
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/23/13, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 658
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 659
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 752
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 269 -SJ 753
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 269 (Ch. 2013-193) -SJ 753
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.