CS/SB 1750: Death Penalty
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Negron
Death Penalty; Citing this act as the "Timely Justice Act of 2013;" requiring the court to appoint the capital collateral regional counsel to represent persons convicted and sentenced to death in clemency proceedings; requiring funds used to compensate court-appointed attorneys who represent a person convicted and sentenced to death in clemency proceedings to be paid by the Justice Administrative Commission rather than the Department of Corrections; requiring the Board of Executive Clemency to maintain a list of counsel available for appointment, etc.
Last Action: 4/26/2013 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7083 (Ch. 2013-216) -SJ 680
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 185
• Introduced -SJ 185
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/01/13, 3:15 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 7 NAYS 2 -SJ 277
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 277
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 04/04/13, 8:30 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 10 NAYS 2 -SJ 364
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 364
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/18/13, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 12 NAYS 5 -SJ 481
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 497
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 481
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/13
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 680
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 7083 -SJ 680
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7083 (Ch. 2013-216) -SJ 680
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.