CS/CS/SB 528: Growth Management
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Community Affairs ; Simpson
Growth Management; Clarifying the prohibition on an initiative or referendum process in regard to development orders, comprehensive plan amendments, and map amendments; clarifying that the exception to the prohibition on an initiative or referendum process in regard to any local comprehensive plan amendment or map amendment is limited to a local government charter provision in effect on June 1, 2011, that specifically authorized an initiative or referendum process for local comprehensive plan or map amendments that affect more than five parcels of land, etc.
Last Action: 4/24/2013 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 537 (Ch. 2013-115), CS/HB 7019 (Ch. 2013-213) -SJ 543
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Judiciary; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 40
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/07/13, 8:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 40
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 196
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 196
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 200
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/01/13, 3:15 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 277
• Now in Commerce and Tourism -SJ 277
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 04/08/13, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 363
• Now in Rules -SJ 363
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/17/13, 2:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -SJ 481
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 481
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/13
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 484
• Read 2nd time -SJ 543
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 537 -SJ 543
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 537 (Ch. 2013-115), CS/HB 7019 (Ch. 2013-213) -SJ 543
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.