CS/CS/SB 642: Alcoholic Beverages
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Regulated Industries ; Hays
Alcoholic Beverages; Revising provisions regarding a state license tax involved with the operation of distilleries; providing requirements for craft distilleries under certain conditions; prohibiting the shipment of certain distilled spirits; restricting license transferability and ownership affiliation; providing requirements relating to the payment of taxes; providing that a county commission may order an election on the sale of alcoholic beverages for consumption on premises, etc.
Last Action: 4/25/2013 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 347 (Ch. 2013-157) -SJ 598
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Regulated Industries (RI)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 48
• Introduced -SJ 48
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 04/02/13, 4:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Regulated Industries; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 346
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Regulated Industries read 1st time -SJ 353
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax
• Remaining references corrected to Appropriations -SJ 367
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/18/13, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 481
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 481
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/13
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 485
• Read 2nd time -SJ 598
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 347 -SJ 598
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 347 (Ch. 2013-157) -SJ 598
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.