CS/HB 7025: Timeshares
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Business and Professional Regulation Subcommittee ; Eagle
Timeshares; Specifies that certain provisions relating to condominium board elections do not apply to timeshare condominiums; revises formula requirements for calculating reserves for accommodations & facilities of real property timeshare plans; requires successor in interest to be listed as owner of timeshare interest under certain conditions; requires estoppel letter in certain timeshare resale transfer transactions; prohibits certain activities related to offering timeshare interest transfer services; requires resale transfer agreements to contain specified information; requires establishment of escrow account for certain purposes; provides requirements & duties of escrow agent; providing penalties; revises procedure for trustee foreclosure of assessment & mortgage liens; revises conditions under which trustee may sell foreclosed encumbered timeshare interest; revises & provides notice requirements; provides for perfection of notice; provides requirements for notice of lis pendens; provides exceptions for actions for failure to follow trustee foreclosure procedure.
Last Action: 6/13/2013 - Chapter No. 2013-159, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 73 (Ch. 2013-188)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 140
• Introduced -HJ 140
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 03/13/13, 12:00 pm, 404 HOB
• Favorable by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 248
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 248
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 03/22/13, 8:30 am, 404 HOB
• CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 356
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 356
• CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 354
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/13
• Read 2nd time -HJ 766
• Amendment(s) adopted (232465, 566523) -HJ 767
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 835
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 835
• In Messages
• Referred to Judiciary; Regulated Industries -SJ 671
• Received -SJ 672
• Withdrawn from Judiciary; Regulated Industries -SJ 1019
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 1019
• Substituted for CS/SB 696 -SJ 1019
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1019
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1055
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 1 -SJ 1055
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1470
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-159, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 73 (Ch. 2013-188)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.