CS/HB 7093: Establishment of Clearinghouse Program within Citizens Property Insurance Corporation
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Nelson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Mayfield ; Stewart
Establishment of Clearinghouse Program within Citizens Property Insurance Corporation; Exempts Citizens Property Insurance Corporation from exchange of business limitations & restrictions when placing business with authorized insurers; restricts eligibility of risk for renewal policy issued by corporation under certain circumstances; requires creation of clearinghouse program within corporation; requires corporation to provide report to Legislature; provides conditions, requirements, limitations, & procedures applicable to offers of coverage with respect to applicants for coverage with corporation & existing policyholders of corporation, etc.
Last Action: 4/29/2013 House - CS failed to pass; YEAS 51 NAYS 65, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 1770 (Ch. 2013-60), SB 1850 (Ch. 2013-61) -HJ 935
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 245
• Referred to Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 277
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 03/22/13, 8:30 am, 404 HOB
• CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 3 -HJ 357
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 356
• CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 355
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/13
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 632
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/13
• Read 2nd time -HJ 898
• Amendment(s) adopted (274573) -HJ 903
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 934
• CS failed to pass; YEAS 51 NAYS 65, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 1770 (Ch. 2013-60), SB 1850 (Ch. 2013-61) -HJ 935
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.