HB 7133: Public Records and Meetings
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Ethics and Elections Subcommittee ; Boyd
Public Records and Meetings; Creates exemption from public records requirements for written referrals & related records held by Commission on Ethics, Governor, Department of Law Enforcement, or state attorney; creates exemption for records relating to preliminary investigation held by Commission on Ethics; creates exemption from public meetings requirements for portions of proceedings of Commission on Ethics in which referrals are discussed or acted upon; provides for future repeal & legislative review of exemption under Open Government Sunset Review Act; provides statement of public necessity.
Last Action: 4/24/2013 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 4 (Ch. 2013-38), CS/SB 2 (Ch. 2013-36) -HJ 760
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 349
• Referred to State Affairs Committee -HJ 370
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 04/09/13, 2:30 pm, Morris Hall --Temporarily deferred
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 04/16/13, 2:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 686
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 686
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/13
• Substituted CS/SB 4 -HJ 760
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 4 (Ch. 2013-38), CS/SB 2 (Ch. 2013-36) -HJ 760
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.