SB 736: Limitations Relating to Deeds and Wills
GENERAL BILL by Richter
Limitations Relating to Deeds and Wills; Providing for limitations of actions when a deed or will is on record; providing that a person claiming an interest in real property affected by amendments made in the act has until a specified date to file a claim or defense in court to determine the validity of the instrument; providing that if a claim or defense is filed within the specified period, the validity of the instrument is determined without regard to these amendments, etc.
- Judiciary (JU)
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Rules -SJ 54
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/06/13, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 54
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 156
• Now in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs -SJ 156
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 04/08/13, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 363
• Now in Rules -SJ 363
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/17/13, 2:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 480
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 480
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 545
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 649
• Passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 650
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 915
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/13
• Received -HJ 914
• Read 2nd time -HJ 962
• Substituted for CS/HB 995 -HJ 962
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1000
• Passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 1000
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 881
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-234
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.