CS/HB 853: Public Retirement Plans
GENERAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; Taylor ; McBurney ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Davis ; Fullwood
Public Retirement Plans; Specifies applicability of ch. 185, F.S., to certain consolidated governments; provides that consolidated government that has entered into interlocal agreement to provide police protection services to municipality within its boundaries is eligible to receive premium taxes reported for municipality; authorizes municipality receiving police protection services to enact an ordinance levying tax as provided by law; including certain consolidated governments under provisions authorizing imposition of state excise tax on casualty insurance premiums covering certain property.
Last Action: 4/30/2013 House - Laid on Table -HJ 1009
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Government Operations Subcommittee; Finance and Tax Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 86
• Introduced -HJ 86
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 03/18/13, 4:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 278
• Now in Finance and Tax Subcommittee -HJ 278
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax Subcommittee, 03/28/13, 4:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Finance and Tax Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 373
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 373
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 04/16/13, 2:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 686
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by State Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 677
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 701
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/13
• Substituted CS/SB 1246 (Died on Calendar in House) -HJ 1009
• Laid on Table -HJ 1009
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.