CS/SB 862: Parent Empowerment in Education
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Stargel
Parent Empowerment in Education; Providing that parents who have a student in a public school that is implementing a turnaround option may petition to have a particular turnaround option implemented; requiring the school district to notify parents of a public school student being taught by an out-of-field teacher or by a teacher with an unsatisfactory performance rating; creating the Parent Empowerment Act; requiring the school district to consider the turnaround option on the valid petition with the most signatures at a publicly noticed school board meeting, etc.
Last Action: 4/29/2013 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7009 (Ch. 2013-250) -SJ 752
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 62
• Introduced -SJ 62
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 04/01/13, 3:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 6 NAYS 3 -SJ 277
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education -SJ 277
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 04/11/13, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 4 -SJ 477
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 477
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/23/13, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 13 NAYS 6 -SJ 658
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 658
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/13
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 660
• Read 2nd time -SJ 752
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 867 (Failed to Pass Senate) -SJ 752
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7009 (Ch. 2013-250) -SJ 752
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.