HB 875: Licensed Security Officers
GENERAL BILL by Workman ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Harrell
Licensed Security Officers; Provides penalties for unlicensed person who engages in activity for which ch. 493, F.S., requires license; provides exception; provides penalties if person commits felony while impersonating security officer, private investigator, recovery agent, or other person required to have license under ch. 493, F.S.; authorizes licensed security officer or licensed security agency manager to detain person on premises of critical infrastructure facility in certain circumstances; provides procedures & requirements with respect thereto; authorizes security officer or security agency manager to search person detained; provides identification requirements for certain licensed security officers & security agency managers; provides immunity to law enforcement officers, licensed security officers, & licensed security agency managers.
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 88
• Introduced -HJ 88
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 03/19/13, 9:00 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 279
• Now in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 279
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/28/13, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 373
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 373
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/03/13, 8:30 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 415
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 415
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/13
• Read 2nd time -HJ 640
• Read 3rd time -HJ 640
• Passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 641
• In Messages
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 505
• Received -SJ 505
• Withdrawn from Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 614
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 614
• Substituted for SB 1330 -SJ 614
• Read 2nd time -SJ 614
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 695
• Passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 695
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 967
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-221
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.