CS/SB 964: Termination of Parental Rights
GENERAL BILL by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs ; Abruzzo ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Clemens
Termination of Parental Rights; Providing that a parent’s rights may be terminated if the court determines, by clear and convincing evidence, that the child was conceived during an act of unlawful sexual battery; creating a presumption that termination of parental rights is in the best interest of the child if the child was conceived as a result of an unlawful sexual battery; requiring the court to accept a guilty plea or conviction as conclusive proof that the child was conceived by a violation of criminal law, etc.
Last Action: 6/10/2013 - Chapter No. 2013-132
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Judiciary (JU)
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Criminal Justice; Judiciary -SJ 69
• Introduced -SJ 69
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 03/12/13, 2:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 209
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 209
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs read 1st time -SJ 216
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 04/01/13, 12:15 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 278
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 278
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/08/13, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 363
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 363
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/16/13
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 535
• Amendment(s) adopted (406886) -SJ 535
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 535
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 708
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 708
• Immediately certified -SJ 708
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 915
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/13
• Received -HJ 915
• Read 2nd time -HJ 962
• Substituted for CS/HB 887 -HJ 962
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 999
• CS passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 999
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 881
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-132
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.