CS/SB 294: Emergency Communication Systems
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Hays
Emergency Communication Systems; Revising provisions relating to oversight of certain fees by the Technology Program within the Department of Management Services; revising provisions for administration, distribution, and use of the E911 fee; providing that fees collected may not be included in the base for measuring any tax, fee, surcharge, or other charge; providing that the Department of Revenue is the agent for the E911 Board for purposes of collecting the prepaid wireless E911 fee; revising provisions for accounting, distribution, use, and auditing of the Emergency Communications Number E911 System Fund, etc. APPROPRIATION: $440,713
Last Action: 4/25/2014 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 175 (Ch. 2014-196), CS/HB 177 (Ch. 2014-197) -SJ 687
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities (CU)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax (AFT)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 31
• On Committee agenda-- Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities, 01/14/14, 10:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 135
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax -SJ 135
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax, 02/19/14, 3:30 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 139
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 139
• Introduced -SJ 31
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/22/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 584
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 584
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/14
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 586
• Read 2nd time -SJ 687
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 175 -SJ 687
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 175 (Ch. 2014-196), CS/HB 177 (Ch. 2014-197) -SJ 687
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.