CS/SB 744: Motor Vehicle Insurance and Driver Education for Children in Care
GENERAL BILL by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs ; Detert ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gibson
Motor Vehicle Insurance and Driver Education for Children in Care; Authorizing the court to consider the best interest of a child in removing specified disabilities of nonage for certain minors; directing the Department of Children and Families to establish a statewide pilot program to pay specified costs of driver education, licensure and costs incidental to licensure, and motor vehicle insurance for a child in licensed out-of-home care who meets certain qualifications; requiring the department to contract with a qualified not-for-profit entity to operate and develop procedures for the pilot program; providing for preferential enrollment in driver education for specified children in care, etc. APPROPRIATION: $800,000
Last Action: 4/30/2014 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 977 (Ch. 2014-166), CS/SB 1666 (Ch. 2014-224) -SJ 825
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Transportation (TR)
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Transportation; Banking and Insurance; Appropriations -SJ 61
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 02/18/14, 10:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 139
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Transportation -SJ 139
• Introduced -SJ 60
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs read 1st time -SJ 131
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 03/13/14, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Transportation; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 241
• Now in Banking and Insurance -SJ 241
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/25/14, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 335
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 335
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/22/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -SJ 697
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 697
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/14
• Read 2nd time -SJ 825
• Substituted CS/HB 977 -SJ 825
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 977 (Ch. 2014-166), CS/SB 1666 (Ch. 2014-224) -SJ 825
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.