CS/CS/SB 1048: Department of Transportation
GENERAL BILL by Community Affairs ; Transportation ; Latvala
Department of Transportation; Authorizing the department to seek certain investors for certain leases; limiting the number of referenda that certain authorities may be subject to; specifying that a referendum applies to future bond issuances; amending provisions relating to outdoor advertising signs; providing that an outdoor advertising license is not required solely to erect or construct outdoor signs or structures; exempting from permitting certain signs placed by tourist-oriented businesses, certain farm signs placed during harvest seasons, certain acknowledgment signs on publicly funded school premises, and certain displays on specific sports facilities, etc.
Last Action: 5/1/2014 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1161 (Ch. 2014-215), CS/CS/HB 7005 (Ch. 2014-216), HB 7175 (Ch. 2014-223), CS/CS/CS/SB 218 (Ch. 2014-169) -SJ 977
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Transportation (TR)
- Community Affairs (CA)
• Referred to Transportation; Community Affairs -SJ 85
• Introduced -SJ 84
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 03/20/14, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Transportation; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 318
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 318
• CS by Transportation read 1st time -SJ 321
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 04/01/14, 3:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Community Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 442
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 448
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 442
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/14
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 879
• Read 2nd time -SJ 976
• Amendment(s) adopted (744068, 746292) -SJ 977
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 1161 -SJ 977
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1161 (Ch. 2014-215), CS/CS/HB 7005 (Ch. 2014-216), HB 7175 (Ch. 2014-223), CS/CS/CS/SB 218 (Ch. 2014-169) -SJ 977
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.