HB 171: Public Assistance Fraud
GENERAL BILL by Diaz, J. ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Artiles ; Kerner
Public Assistance Fraud; Authorizes DFS to administer oaths & affirmations & issue & serve subpoenas when conducting investigations into public assistance fraud; provides penalty.
Last Action: 4/21/2014 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 308 (Ch. 2014-69) -HJ 565
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 21
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 01/16/14, 12:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 2 -HJ 153
• Now in Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 153
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/11/14, 1:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 156
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 156
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/20/14, 12:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 1 -HJ 158
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 159
• Introduced -HJ 20
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/21/14
• Substituted SB 308 -HJ 565
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 308 (Ch. 2014-69) -HJ 565
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.