CS/SB 182: Child Pornography
GENERAL BILL by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs ; Stargel
Child Pornography; Defining the terms “child pornography” and “minor”; including possession of child pornography within specified criminal offenses; prohibiting certain conditional releasees, probationers, or community controllees from viewing, accessing, owning, or possessing any obscene, pornographic, or sexually stimulating material, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 House - Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/SB 526 (Ch. 2014-4)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Judiciary (JU)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Judiciary -SJ 24
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 12/09/13, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 136
• Now in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs -SJ 136
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 02/11/14, 10:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 139
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 139
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/04/14, 8:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 24
• Favorable by- Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 137
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 137
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs read 1st time -SJ 116
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/26/14
• Read 2nd time -SJ 334
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 388
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 388
• In Messages
• Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/SB 526 (Ch. 2014-4)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.