CS/HB 211: Community Health Workers
GENERAL BILL by Health Quality Subcommittee ; Reed
Community Health Workers; Specifies duties & activities of community health workers; creates Community Health Worker Task Force within Florida College System institution or state university; requires DOH to provide administrative support & services; provides membership & duties of task force; requires members of task force to elect chair & vice chair; provides that task force members serve without compensation & are not entitled to reimbursement for per diem or travel expenses; requires that task force meet at least quarterly; authorizes task force members to meet in person or by teleconference or other electronic means; specifies number of members required for quorum; requires task force to submit report to Governor & Legislature by specified date; provides for future repeal of task force.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 Senate - Died in Health Policy
Bill Text: PDF
- Health Policy (HP)
- Education (ED)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Health Quality Subcommittee; Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 23
• Introduced -HJ 23
• On Committee agenda-- Health Quality Subcommittee, 03/24/14, 12:30 pm, 306 HOB
• CS by Health Quality Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 345
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Health Quality Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 341
• Original reference(s) removed: Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 387
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 387
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 04/03/14, 8:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 457
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 457
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/22/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 590
• Read 3rd time -HJ 590
• CS passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 2 -HJ 590
• In Messages
• Referred to Health Policy; Education; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 522
• Received -SJ 522
• Died in Health Policy
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.