CS/CS/SB 570: Title Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Banking and Insurance ; Galvano
Title Insurance; Specifying that a title insurer is liable for all of its unpaid losses and claims; specifying which state law governs the amount of the reserve when a title insurer transfers its domicile to this state; specifying that only a licensed and appointed agent or agency is authorized to sell title insurance; revising the application requirements for a title insurance agency license; limiting the remedies available for the breach of duty arising from a title insurance contract, etc.
Last Action: 4/3/2014 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 321 (Ch. 2014-112), CS/CS/HB 805 (Ch. 2014-132) -SJ 433
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Judiciary -SJ 47
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 02/04/14, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 139
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 139
• Introduced -SJ 47
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 127
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/11/14, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 243
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Remaining references corrected to Commerce and Tourism -SJ 255
• Now in Commerce and Tourism
• CS/CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 248
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 03/24/14, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 317
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 317
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/03/14
• Read 2nd time -SJ 433
• Amendment(s) adopted (892242) -SJ 433
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 321 -SJ 433
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 321 (Ch. 2014-112), CS/CS/HB 805 (Ch. 2014-132) -SJ 433
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.